Russian-American famous poets and essayists
To get a unique essay
Noble Prize winner, Joseph Brodsky was a Russian-American famous poet and essayist. It was a time when he was young and he fell in love with a lady Marina. They shared the same passion for art, he was a young poet and she loves doing the painting. They got married and had a kid together in Russia. But the happiness didn’t last long, in the year 1972; Soviet authorities came and arrested Joseph. He was deported from USSR, his home and send to Vienna. And after that Marina and Joseph never met. He suffered a lot and requested the government to stay in his country and write poems but the government insisted on his leaving the country.
Why was he deported?
His work was liked and appreciated around the world except for the Soviet Union. The government argued that his work was against their nation; his writing did not support the Russian principles.
By the help of some of the fellow poets, he started working in the United States. He was the professor in universities of Yale, the University of Michigan and others. In 1991, Brodsky became the United States Poet Laureate.
How to deal with Your Critics and Detractors
• In 1988, Brodsky gave a speech at University of Michigan. He shared very useful strategy to deal with critics, detractors and negative people.
• Of course, there are so many people around us, from office, from your friends who make you unhappy. He insisted that you should not pay attention to the people who make your life miserable.
• He said that you should not tell stories about the people who make your life miserable to others. If you complain about how others treated you, they don’t feel sorry for you, rather they enjoy it.
• If anybody is doing wrong with you; you should not go against him or do something wrong with him in return. Don’t react to the situations, why greying your hairs in the tension of others.
• Forgiving and forgetting about them will help you live a peaceful and good life. You cannot remove them from your life but at least forgiving them will make your life easy.
• The effect of negative thoughts intensifies when we talk about it or discuss it. Everybody makes bad decisions, chose wrong things, but you cannot just regret your decisions all your life, we have to move on. Do something good that is worth listening and worth your attention.
• If anyone is offering you advice then just listen to it, it’s totally up to you if you want to follow it or not.
He was an inspirational poet, writer, and a human being.
Need essay sample on Russian-American famous poets and essayists
specifically for you for only $13.90/page